Sunday, February 19, 2012

Asian Artistry


Hi everyone! This is the latest clean and simple card I've been working on for Operation Write Home. I actually finished 20 of this card which filled a flat rate box of 68 cards that I shipped off to Operation Write Home. The image used on today's card is from the Asian Artistry rubber stamp set by Stampin' Up.


My card base is Blue Bayou layered with Sahara Sand finished on the bottom corners using the Corner Rounder Punch.  Next I added a strip of patterned paper and two strips of black organdy ribbon along both edges.  The sentiment and image were both stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and the image colored in using copic markers.  To embellish the card I added a matched bow made from the black organdy ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Asian Artistry (Stampin' Up), Say It In Style (CTMH)
  • Paper: Blue Bayou and Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Den Blocks Patterned Paper (Chatter Box)
  • Ink: Blue Bayou, Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics BG70, BG72, BG75, BG78
  • Other: Black Organdy Ribbon, Sponge, Corner Rounder Punch, Glue Dot and Mounting Tape

16 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

stunning creation and love the image and the distressed edging to the image plate gorgeous
Hugs Kate xx

Helen said...

beautiful!

Sandra said...

Hi Karen, your card is stunning just love the image and the layout:) Sandra H

Hanneke said...

Wow, wonderful card! Love the colors and style! Hugs, Hanneke

Rhonda Miller said...

Beautiful. I love that image.

Donna Hanley said...

Clean Simple and gorgeous. I love that Asian flair. I am using my corner rounder much more often also. I really like how one little punch can totally change the look of the whole card. So pretty

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card! Love those soft and wonderful colors. So pretty!
Lynn

Glennis said...

I have that stamp set, and absolutely love how you have used it.

Dora said...

Wow this is beautiful, love your style, so elegant xxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a gorgeous creation! Love your design and great color scheme!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I LOVE this image- and the colors you used are perfect- great for a CASE too : )

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Karen so elegant and stylish. Beautiful creation and colors. Love the bird.
Lovely greet
Marja

trisha too said...

Okay, Karen, I have to say that this very pretty card doesn't look that simple to me!!

:)

Catie Cuddles said...

Oh wow... This is delightful!

Кася said...

mmm..I like this asian style..

Carrie said...

Blue bayou one of my favs looks awesome with sand. Beautiful and simple a great combo.