Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Poppies and PPA129


Hi everyone! It's been a long time since I played along with any sketch challenges and couldn't resist once I saw this fabulous sketch by Pals Paper Arts.


I added the shadow layer and instead of the strip added a beautiful matching bow. The image used on today's card is the Poppies digital stamp by Sweet 'n Sassy.


My card base is Kraft layered with White Cardstock then Postcard patterned paper. The shadow layer is Brooch patterned paper layered on Kraft. I added a straight stitch around the edges of both patterned papers. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced around the edges then layered it on Kraft finished on one side using the Scallop Edge Punch. To embellish the card I added a yellow grosgrain ribbon and tons of pearls.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Poppies (Sweet 'n Sassy)
  • Paper: Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Postcard and Brooch Patterned Paper (Lily Bee Designs, This & That Collection)
  • Ink: Copics Y15, Y26, R24, R29, YG93, YG95
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Scallop Edge Punch, Snow Pearls, Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

22 comments:

Hanneke said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Love the image and the sketch! The DP is great and love that bow and the pearls. Hugs, Hanneke

AllisonG said...

What a precious card, Karen!

Tina said...

beautiful colors and papers...this is image is stunning

Tina

Lau W said...

Oh lovely card, love these bright colors !
xxx

Creations by Shirl said...

This sure is sooooo pretty Karen!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I love the stamp you used. TFS.

Sherrie Conner said...

Gorgeous colors and flowers!

Frea said...

Hi Karen, lovely card sweetie!! LOve the poppies, just bought Wild Orchids poppy flowers in lots of colours!! Huggies, Frea

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Karen!

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Karen and the flower is beautiful! lovely sketch and finished to perfection:) Sandra H

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! I love all the pearls on here too Karen. So pretty.
Lynn

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
I love your new card Karen it is Gorgeous.. I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comment on my new Tablescape.
I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
What a beautiful and elegant card. The image is wonderful and colored perfectly.

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the stitching and the pearls! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Karen!!~

sue w. said...

This is so lovely, I love poppies and this showcased them so well. Great card.
Hugs Sue W.

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Absolutely beautiful card, fabulous job with your copics!!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Very beautifull card, I like the colour combination a lot!!!

Maria

Dora said...

Wow this is gorgeous, I love the bold reds on your card, love it xxx

Redanne said...

Karen, your card is simply stunning!

SusanLotus said...

Very beautiful card! :)
I think I´ll try the sketch too.

Carrie said...

I like how the yellow ribbon brings out the yellow centers of the flowers. You did a great job with this sketch