Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ski Sheep


Hi everyone! Snow is one thing we sure haven't had much of so far this winter (knock on wood), LOL!!! I've only been skiing twice in my lifetime, once cross country and the other down hill skiing. The sheep skiing in this image reminded me of down hill skiing so I added torn strips of patterned paper to make it look like the sheep was down hill skiing. The fun image and sentiment used on today's card are both from the Ski Sheep digital stamp set by Doodle Pantry.


My card base is Baja Breeze layered with Brown Cardstock then Scarf Stripe Patterned Paper and torn strips of Winter Frost Patterned Paper. I added a straight stitch around the edge then wrapped DMC Ivory around the card base. The image and sentiment were printed on White Cardstock and the image colored in using copic markers.

I distressed the edges of both the sentiment and image and colored BG70 at the bottom of the image to look like snow. To embellish the card I punched out a white snowflake and finished it with a blue button threaded with DMC Ivory. I also added a snow pearl in each corner of the card base.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Ski Sheep (Doodle Pantry)
  • Paper: Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Brown Cardstock, Scarf Stripe and Winter Frost Patterned Paper (Adorn It, Winter Collection)
  • Ink: Copics BG70, BG72, BG75, E41, E50, E57, E59
  • Other: Stitching, Edge Distresser, Snowflake Punch, Blue Button, DMC Ivory, Snow Pearls, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape 

24 comments:

Sandra said...

Morning Karen, Another of your fabulous creations, Gorgeous image and love the snowflake and backing papers and colours used all fits in well together and a lovely finish :) Sandra H

SandraW said...

Lovely card, Karen!
Great colours! (I personally adore Baja Breeze!)
And a really funny image, love the "skiing sheep"!

Hugs, Sandra

AllisonG said...

Love the blues and browns together! I was looking at your card thinking, "Wow, I really like that shade of blue." Then, I scrolled down to your supply list and saw that it is Baja Breeze from SU which I have lots of and just bought the new pleated ribbon to match the paper - no wonder I liked that shade of blue! LOL

I always enjoy your cards - they just appeal to me!

Amy Johnson said...

Fabulous work! I love how you did the hill!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, what an adorable card! Love how you ripped the paper in the back! Looks like slopes. Too fun!
hugs, Sarah

Hlora said...

Sweet sweet card ♥

Hanneke said...

What a super cute card! Love the image and colors! Great effect with the distressing and ripped paper. I have a birthday candy on my blog btw! Hugs, Hanneke

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh wow, this is such a great card. I love the torn pages at the bottom. TFS.

Marcia said...

So Cute!

mb6464@hotmail.com
marciasmemories.blogspot.com

jimlynn said...

Love those colors and big snowflake on here! Darling image too.
Lynn

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card Karen, love the distressing!

Helen said...

Great card

sue w. said...

This is so lovely and the image is so funny. Love the colours.
Hugs Sue W.

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love, love the blue and brown color motif - so cute and fun as a winter card!

Patti J said...

Karen, your cards are always so pretty. Love this - the torn pages are such a sweet embellishment! What a fun card! Thanks for sharing :)

Sheree said...

Once again I am amazed at your design! You never cease to amaze me Karen! The image is sooo cute and your layout, papers and embellishments work so perfectly together!
Keep up the great work..
Sheree

Kathy W. said...

Love the colors here..I have this image all ready to go. Love the papers.

Dawn Frost said...

Karen love the stitching and the stressed edges!

Venus said...

Hello Karen,

Ohhh, this makes me want to start making Christmas cards as early as now. I like this card, perfect! Cute digi!

Cindy Haffner said...

Karen so so ADORABLE!!~

Pat (mspfd) said...

Spectacular design, Karen! Perfect with this image.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is wonderful! I love the torn paper to mimic the snow- and love youe embellishments- great idea with the twine too.

Catie Cuddles said...

Fantastic image and love the torn paper too!

Alёnushka said...

Wow!!! So pretty card!!!