Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ava Flower Patch


Hi everyone! One of my new year's resolutions is to work on finishing the inside of my cards. This is the first card where I've decorated the inside of the card to compliment the outside. Usually I just add a white liner on the inside with a simple sentiment stamped on it.  I'm usually adding the liner at the last minute and scrambling to get my cards in the mail on time so I thought to finish the entire card at once so it is all ready to go. Now all I have to do is sign the card and address the envelope. 


Here is a peak at the inside of the card with the pretty birthday verse I added. The image used on today's card is the Ava Flower Patch digital stamp by Bugaboo Stamps.


Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Ava Flower Patch (Bugaboo Stamps)
  • Paper: Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Dahlia, Willow and Fountain Patterned Paper (BasicGrey, Wisteria Collection)
  • Ink: Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress Ink, Copics E000, E00, E55, Y26, G21, G24, BV20, BV23, V99
  • Other: Stitching, Scissors, Paper Piercing, Scallop Edge Punch, Gold Satin Ribbon, Champaine Dew Drops, Glue Dots, Mounting Tape, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue

11 comments:

AllisonG said...

I love the colors of your card and that yummy ribbon (and the inside)! What a great idea to finish the inside with a sentiment so it's all ready to go! Did you make the sentiment yourself on your computer?

Larisa said...

AWE your card is Gorgeous. love the colors and the papers!! Love it all!

SandraW said...

Lovely card, Karen! A real beauty with great colours and a gorgeous image! Love the way you made the inside look so great!

Hugs, Sandra

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous -- inside and out! A wonderful birthday surprise for someone!

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty card, love the colours and the papers are gorgeous... I need to do what you are doing now and work on the inside of my cards too... I just would cut a white lining paper too and stick it inside... But looking at yours it sure looks much prettier... Yes, it is an extra step but the end results is worth the effort. LOL!

jimlynn said...

Inside and out - I love it!! Such pretty colors and love the sewing and pearls on here Karen.
You wound like me - I usually get the front finished and that's all and then when I need to mail it, Have to go back and do the inside!
Love the way you did the inside of this one.
Lynn

Sandra H said...

Hi Karen, what a lovely image and coloured so beautifully as always! great layout and such a pretty layout too :)x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Karen so stylish and beautiful. Marvelous work.
Lovely greet
Marja

Rhonda Miller said...

This is such a pretty card.

Frea said...

Wonderful card KAren, and I love the inside, it;s just that little but 'more'! Hugs, Frea

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
Very pretty card and such an adorable images. You've colored it wonderfully - big smiles!