Sunday, April 22, 2012

Raspberry Fizz Butterfly


Hi everyone! Today I've a pretty raspberry fizz butterfly card to share. There's actually no stamp used in the making of it, just some of my favorite papercrafting supplies. The butterfly was an embellishment in a beautiful bouquet of flowers I received from my mom a couple year's ago on my birthday. Since this coming Tuesday is my birthday I thought to make a birthday card with it.


The pleated ribbon was made by hand. I added a wide strip of tape on the white cardstock then taped the end of the black satin ribbon on the backside and wrapped it around the card base onto the tape. I then used glue dots (one on the bottom and another on top) to hold the pleats in place.


The white cardstock was embosssed using the Textile Embossing Folder.  I printed the verse on white cardstock, cropped it to fit, then paper pierced around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Paper: True Black, Raspberry Fizz and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Epson Photo Printer R380
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, Black Satin Ribbon, Pink Butterfly, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder, Black Dew Drops, Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue and Glue Dots

10 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

How clever to recycle this pretty pink butterfly for your card..
And happy birthday - enjoy your week and precious birthday...

Keira said...

It’s actually a nice and useful piece of post. I am glad that you simply shared with us. Thanks!

Becky said...

WOW! What a beauty this is...that butterfly is fabulous!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I love the pretty butterfly.

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS! Love that butterfly and the way you made it the focal point of the card. So pretty........and an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Lynn

Sandra H said...

Hi Karen, Happy Birthday, This is so lovely and to recycle this lovely butterfly its just gorgeous Enjoy your time:)x

Pop's Cards said...

OMG I love this I love butterflies this has to be my favourite creation ever, hugs pops x

LilyPinkScraps said...

Wanted to say a big thanks for the work you do on Feline Playful!!!!

Beate said...

Beautiful card inside and out!
Hugs and smiles

Patty said...

Wow! I love this card Karen!!