Wednesday, June 13, 2012

2013 Calendar - BASE


Hi everyone! I'm back again to share the base I created for my 2013 calendar. It looks really flat and plain but that's what you want so it will slide inside the bent acrylic photo frame. The photo above shows the base inside the photo frame. Oh, it also shows the 1 inch metal rings I'm using to hold all the pages together. I have them taped down on the backside so it looks nice in the photo but once there are pages added they will sit up nicely on their own.


Once I selected the papers I'm using on the cover it was really quick and easy to assemble the base. I wanted the holes to have more support so I'm using the small oval punch on the base, cover and all the calendar pages. Since I'm making all the calendar pages different having a common design element across all the pages will also give them a unified look.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Paper: True Black and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Blue Cardstock and Patterned Paper (Creating Keepsakes, Scrappin' Creations Power Pad)
  • Other: Stitching, Small Oval Punch, 1/8" Hold Punch, 1 inch metal rings

3 comments:

Sandra H said...

Hi Karen, Another fabulous and great idea for your Calendar its brilliant:)x

SandraW said...

Lovely idea, Karen!
Looking good so far!
Can't wait to see the rest!

Hugs, San

ma-mi said...

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.