Saturday, June 23, 2012

Long-Stemmed Posies


Hi everyone!  Happy Saturday!  Today I'm playing along with a fun new sketch challenge I recently discovered, Crafting Life's Pieces.  Here is the sketch that inspired today's card creation.  I flipped the sketch on it's side and used the strip to create a bed of grass for my flowers.  I'm also entering this card in the Wags 'n Whiskers challenge using kraft and the Stamp and Create challenge using bold and bright colors.




To create the lace edge I punched the edges of white cardstock using the Doily Lace Edge Punch then distressed the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I layered the lace edge on Kraft cardstock distressed and stitched around the edges.  The two layers of grass are punched from Green Galore.


The image used on today's card is the Long-Stemmed Posies Sketch rubber stamp by Hero Arts.  The leaves are colored with copic markers YG23 and YG25 and the flowers Y06 and Y08.  To embellish the card I added a pretty white bow and lots of clear rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Long-Stemmed Posies Sketch (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Yoyo Yellow and Green Galore (Stampin' Up), Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Copics YG23, YG25, Y06, Y08
  • Other: Stitching, Doily Lace Edge Punch and Grass Edge Punch (Martha Stewart), Sponge, White Ribbon, Clear Rhinestones, Glue Dots, Mounting Tape and Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue

16 comments:

jimlynn said...

I always love your floral cards Karen! This is so pretty with that wonderful stitching on here (how do you keep your lines SO STRAIGHT!!!) and colors. Beautiful card.
Lynn

Alyce said...

Karen this is absolutely gorgeous! Love the layour and the grass borders are a really great touch :)

Creations by Shirl said...

What a beautiful card... Great colour/combo...
Enjoy your day Karen!

Helen said...

what a very beautiful card; love the bright colours. Regards, Helen

nnalorac said...

Stunning card Karen, love the design, colours and beautiful image. Carolxx

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
What a very pretty and elegant card!

Jennifer said...

This is just gorgeous! I love how you used this sketch and your grass and touch of mulberry paper is wonderful!

Tonya said...

Oh Karen, I love this! It is so cheerful. I love those flowers. Beautiful job!

Sandra H said...

Hi Karen, Stunning is your card love the layout and the lovely flower stamp its gorgeous also what a great idea with your grass so beautifully cut out and the embellis another gorgeous card:)x

SandraW said...

Great card, Karen! Love the fresh colours and the flowers are gorgeous!

Hugs, Sandra

maria's knutselplezier said...

Love your flowercards,very much Karen very simple but so nice!!! I live the way you did the grass !!!

Greetings
Maria

Karen Letchworth said...

Febulous card Karen - I really love your sense of style and I especially love the image and the grass. Your style is amazing and I'd love to see more of it. Please consider playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday here:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
We are trying really hard to grow the blog, and your beautiful work would be great in our challenges.

I also have blog candy on my personal blog.
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Karen

Pearl said...

What a bright and cheerful card Karen!
Love Pearl x

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS Karen!!~

Eulanda said...

Oooooooo I love this color combo! I am NOT good with yellow so it's nice to see it on other people's cards. Love the rhinestones in the centers of the flowers as well as the distressing. Thanks so much for joining us at CLP this month. Hugs!

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is really pretty great colours too, thanks for joining us at CLP Challenge this time huggles Pops x x x