Saturday, June 9, 2012

Mia Gardening


Hi everyone! I can't believe the weekend is finally here!!! I'm a little slow getting going this morning. My cat Buddy wanted to snuggle on the couch and the next thing I know... I'm out like a light! My husband's birthday was this week but since we both work are going to celebrate today with some shopping (for his birthday present), dinner and a movie.


I didn't get much studying done this week but I'm happy to say I was able to trim and prep a bunch of new stamps I've been hoarding for some time now. The image used on today's card is the Mia Gardening acrylic stamp by Wild Rose Studio. It was really a challenge for me trying to shade the hair so I'm thinking to take the copic coloring classes by Color Me Creative Classroom. If you've taken any of their classes and have some feedback or tips to share, I'd love to hear from you!

I'm entering this card in the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop "lots of layers" challenge.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Mia Gardening (Wild Rose Studio)
  • Paper: Blush Red Dark, White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Vignette and Pearl Patterned Paper (Pebbles, Linnie Bell Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics G21, G24, E000, E01, YR16, Y13, Y15, R35, R37, BG0000, E42, E43, E44, T1, T2, T3
  • Other: Stitching, Paper Piercing, White Organdy Ribbon, Red Buttons, DMC White, Orange Rhinestones, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

17 comments:

Helen said...

What a sweet card. Enjoy your day. Regarding the copic colouring; there are so many techniques out there, maybe you can try to have a peak at the following blogs "copic marker europe" and "copic marker benelux" blog. They have all kind of tutorials on face, hair, clothes colouring. Regards, Helen

Creations by Shirl said...

Such a pretty card Karen... love all the stitching and your layout...

jimlynn said...

Happy Birthday to your husband, Karen...and hope y'all have a wonderful day!
Love this cute card. The DP you used and the stitching are great - along with that precious image!
Lynn

Evy said...

That's a really cute card! Love the colours!

Evy

Rhonda Miller said...

What a pretty card. I love the image you used.

Tina said...

Karen, I love your card. Fab colouring and layout. Tinaxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Such a cute and nice stamp, and I think you did the colours well, I didn't take a lot of lessons myself, and I think colour those pictures is very difficult, but I don't see anything wrong with your picture, I do it in the same way!!! So it is OKE for me!!! (sorry for bad englisch!!)

Greetings
Maria

Sandra H said...

Beautiful card Karen, the image is gorgeous and your colouring is perfect l also like how you have coloured her hair don't think you need lessons in that directions, love the stitching and the layout truly stunning:)x

Pam~ said...

Mia is precious! Wonderful card and I like all your papers you used! I think you did a fabulous job coloring and I've always admired your work! I too have thought about taking the class to learn to shade and blend colors better. I'll be watching your blog to see what you find out.

Laura said...

Really cute card Karen! Have a lovely day with your hubbie!
Laura xx

Vivi Casale said...

this is a very pretty card!! love it!
xx

SandraW said...

Lovely stamp you used on this card, Karen!
And the details are simple but perfect!

Hugs, Sandra

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is a Stunning creation :0) hugs Pops x x x

sue w. said...

Hi Karen, super sweet image and the papers are fabby. Love the stitching too.
Hope you both enjoyed your day.
Hugs Sue W.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the sweet image! Love your layout and the pretty ribbon accent too!

Peet said...

This card is so gorgeous, Karen!!
Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop blog.

Jennifer said...

This is precious! I love your colouring on this sweetie and your paper piercing looks perfect!