Saturday, June 30, 2012

Ships Ahoy


Hi everyone! As is most everyone these days, we are having a hot spell which for us is a week of 90 degree days so I thought this card was sure to cool everyone off! I'm loving the look cheesecloth adds to my cards and added some on this card to look like fish netting. I also added a strip of kraft cardstock I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment on and finished the ends using a square punch. I'm getting pretty good at lining it up now, LOL!


The image used on today's card is the Ship digital stamp by Digi Doodle Shop.  My card base is black cardstock layered with white, kraft then slash patterned paper.  I tore two strips of matching patterned paper to look like white caps on the waves.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Ship (Digi Doodle Shop), A Little Birthday Cheer (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: True Black, Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Slash (BasicGrey, Hang 10 Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics B41, B45, C0, E40, E42, E43
  • Other: Spongs, Cheesecloth, Square Punch, Standard Circles Small and Large Nestabilities, Mens Dew Drops and Mounting Tape

15 comments:

Sandra H said...

Karen its fabulous and the cheese cloth looks amazing:)x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Really beautifull your card, Karen, love your style!!

Greetings
Maria

Tonya said...

Karen, this is beautiful. I love what you have done.

Sue said...

Hello Karen,wonderful card for the boys.Love the cheesecloth.
I just wish we had your weather,we have just had another downpour.
Sue x

Marie said...

Totally love your card Karen. What a fabby image. I have to go and get that right after leaving you this little message. It's a fabby looking card. Very classy!
Love n hugs
Marie

trisha too said...

Lovely card, Karen!

:)

KER said...

awesome masculine card...the cheese cloth really does add the right touch as a net...wonderful coloring and design

Alyce said...

Karen this is stunning! I love the image and that cheesecloth adds some really nice texture :)

Marilyn said...

What a fabulous card Karen! Love thee image and wow... that cheesecloth is the perfect embellishment!!

jimlynn said...

Karen, this is really a WOW card! Great image and I do love the cheesecloth too! So pretty.
LYnn

Frea said...

Hi Karen, how are you doing sweetie? Hope you are well! I've just started my holiday, and thouroughly enjoying the idea of 6 weeks no work! LOve your card, that sailboat looks stunning! HUgs, Frea

Jennipher said...

The cheese cloth really looks like netting and adds the perfect touch to your card. Very creative.

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, my this is so stunning, fabulous design and colours, gorgeous sweetie, hugs Pops x x x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderfully done- love the colors- and the cheesecloth is a fabulous element!

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow fab design, love the cheesecloth effect, hugs Liz xx