Saturday, July 21, 2012

Garden Silhouettes


Hi everyone! This was supposed to be a quick and easy clean and simple card but I got a little carried away and kept adding layers and embellishments! I'm really challenged and never know what to do with shadow images or images that don't require coloring. The image used on today's card is from the Garden Silhouettes rubber stamp set by Stampin' Up.


I just realized that I didn't use any patterned paper on this card. I've also been reaching for my kraft cardstock a lot more lately too. The card base is finished with Rose Red embossed using the Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. Over it I added some kraft cardstock then stitched around the edges. To embellish the card I added some white lace and organdy ribbon as well as two black buttons threaded with DMC White. The sentiment was printed off my PC and the ends finished using a small square punch.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Garden Silhouettes (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Black, Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Rose Red (Stampin' Up)
  • Ink: Rose Red
  • Other: Stitching, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, White Lace, White Organdy Ribbon, Black Buttons, DMC White, Square Punch, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Karen, I LOVE this card. It is so gorgeous. I love the colors and textures you used. Simple yet beautiful stamp. I sincerely love this card.

sue w. said...

Hi Karen, I love the colour combination you have used and the image is so nice. Great layout too.
Hugs Sue W.

Sandra H said...

Hi Karen, This is beautiful and l always like your stitching on your cards it looks so good, beautiful image and layout:)x

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
What a pretty and elegant card. I really like the colors you used!

Alyce said...

This is just so beautiful and elegant Karen! Really love the beautiful colour tones and details :) I also have some candy over on my blog if you are interested too :)

Helen said...

what a gorgeous card. Love the colours. Regards, Helen

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- I love the lace you added- soft and pretty- and I always love your layouts!