Saturday, August 25, 2012

You Are My Sunshine


Hi everyone! I'm back with another clean and simple card I'm making for Operation Write Home.  I finished 40 of the I Love You cards and should have enough supplies to make two dozen of this card.  My reward for studying is a few minutes of bliss in my craft room.



The sentiment and flower images used on this card are all from the Treasures acrylic stamp set by Close To My Heart.  I layered Vintage Violet, Almost Amethyst and White Cardstock then added a strip of Black finished on the bottom using the Scallop Edge Punch.  I embellished the card with three clear dew drops.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Treasures (Close To My Heart)
  • Paper: Vintage Violet and Almost Amethyst (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Black Cardstock (Bazzill)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Violet and Almost Amethyst
  • Other: Corner Rounder Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Clear Dew Drops and Tombo Mono Multi Liquid Glue

7 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is lovely Karen, and its nice to see your getting away from your studies to create such a wonderful card xx

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful card Karen I am glad you got a chance to post.
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a beautifull and very easy card!!!I really love it!!!Great stamps!!!

Greetings
Maria

Helen said...

Hope your studying is going well. If your studying is going as well as your card you have nothing to worry about. It is again a beauty to look at. Regards, Helen

SandraW said...

Truly love this one, Karen! Great stamps you used and the layout is just perfect!
Love it!

Hugs, Sandra

p.s. you tried to become my follower, but I lost you somewhere... Could you please try again? I love to have you as my follower.

Pearl said...

Very beautiful silhouettes of the dandelions! Lovely card!
Pearl x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your beautiful card- and the OWH is such a great cause....the soldiers will love them! Hope your studying is going well!