Monday, September 10, 2012

Missing You


Hi everyone! Today I've another clean and simple card I made for Operation Write Home to share.  I usually make a couple dozen of one card for them so I try to keep them quick and easy.
 

The image used on today's card is from the Garden Silhouettes stamp set and the sentiment is from the For Every Occasion stamp set.  To add some texture I embossed the Pure Poppy cardstock using the Victoria Embossing Folder.  To embellish the card I added some Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon and a small piece of matching ribbon with a knot.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Garden Silhouettes (Stampin' Up) and For Every Occasion (CTMH)
  • Paper: True Black, Pure Poppy and Vintage Cream Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Splendor Stripe Patterned Paper (Bo-Bunny)
  • Ink: Real Red (Stampin' Up) and Memento Tuxedo Black
  • Other: Victoria Embossing Folder, Red Grosgrain Ribbon and Glue Dots

6 comments:

Alyce said...

absolutely stunning karen! So elegant and the colours are beautiful and bold :)

Pat (mspfd) said...

Simplicity at its best. I love the colors and pop of the stripe panel. Beautiful stamping and composition.

Sandra H said...

Hi Karen, l like how you have added the red ribbon that kind of splits the image which is gorgeous and the embossed folder and colours on the card are lovely too a beautiful finished card xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

So beautifull !!I like the way you make simple things into great ART!!
Greetings
Maria

laughadaisy said...

This card is lovely. ;-) I love the stripe DP and the embossing in the background, and the sprig silhouettes are fantastic. Very pretty. ;-)

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Karen. Have browsed many posts here on your blog and love your style .Stopped at this one to comment .Thanks for visiting my blog .
Love the silouette sprigs , the embossed layer and the striped paper.