Saturday, November 3, 2012

2013 Calendar - SEPTEMBER


Hi everyone! I'm back with another calendar page. A couple more to go and I'll be done!!! Since my calendar pages are thicker this time around the base doesn't hold them all at once (the weight makes the base fall over, LOL) so I'm thinking to get a pretty pre-printed cardboard box to put the base and calendar pages in and wrap them in tissue paper. If I only put a few calendar pages on the base at one time the box can then be used to store the other calendar pages. I've also dreamed up a few ideas for future calendars and have my husband working on designing some wooden calendar bases for me.

For this month's calendar page I went with a fall theme. The image used on the calendar page is the SCARECROW coloring page by Elizabeth Dulemba.


My calendar page is Dark Brown layered with White Cardstock then Fall Festival Mini Dots patterned paper and Fall Stripe patterned paper finished using the Grass Edge Punch.  The scarecrow was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers.  I finished the page with a couple orange rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Scarecrow (Elizabeth Dulemba)
  • Paper: Dark Brown and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Fall Festival Mini Dots Patterned Paper (Bo-Bunny Press), Fall Stripe Patterned Paper (K & Company)
  • Ink: Copics YG95, YG97, R20. YR24, YR27, E07, E09, E40, E43, E44, E47
  • Other: Stitching, Small Oval Punch, Hole Punch, Scissors, Grass Edge Punch, Orange Rhinestones and Mounting Tape

9 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gorgeous! Love the mix of patterns you used to create the background. Great job coloring the scarecrow. September's calendar rocks!

jimlynn said...

Perfect! I'd love looking at this for an entire month. So cute!
Can't wait to see the rest of the year now - and also the bases your husband is designing!
Lynn

Lozzapops said...

What a great idea! I love it! Laura x

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
Another beautiful calendar page!! I love each and every one. And, no, I still haven't been able to get to mine - not even one month! Geez!

maria's knutselplezier said...

what a nice page you have given to september Karen, I love it!!!


Greetings
Maria

Sonia said...

Fabulous :)
Sonia

Shirley G said...

Karen, another great page to your calendar. I'm going to attempt this, thanks for the inspiration!!

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Karen, I love it! I'm going to feature your calendar in my November 6, 2012 Coloring Page Tuesday newsletter. If you or your commenters are not subscribed, you can do so at http://dulemba.com/index_ColoringPages.html . Cheers and keep coloring! :) e

Sandra H said...

Beautiful Calendar Karen with great rich colours and image too! x