Sunday, December 2, 2012

2013 Calendar - DECEMBER


Hi everyone! I did it! I finished my 2013 calendar, YIPPEE!!! For the month of December I went with a christmas theme and couldn't resist this yummy looking candycane. The image used on this calendar page is the Candycane coloring page by Elizabeth Dulemba.

Once I pick up some more 2" metal rings I'll take some photos to show you how it looks on the walnut finished Classic Calendar Base. I'm also working on trying to convert my calendar month's excel file into a JPEG so I'm able to upload it to my blog.



The calendar base is Real Red layered with White Cardstock then Dark Green Herringbone and Ribbon Stripe patterned paper finished using the Cornice Edge Punch. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. To embellish the calendar base I stitched around the edge and added a couple red rhinestones.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Candycane Coloring Page (Elizabeth Dulemba)
  • Paper: Real Red (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Dark Green Herringbone and Ribbon Stripe Patterned Paper (Little Yellow Bicycle, Christmas Magic Collection)
  • Ink: Copics G94, G99, R24, R27, R29
  • Other: Stitching, Cornice Edge Punch, Small Oval Punch, Hole Punch, Scissors, Mounting Tape and Red Rhinestones

10 comments:

Judy said...

Karen,

This is so cute! I've got to make one of these, or more..what a great gift idea!! Love it.

xo
Judy

SandraW said...

Gorgeous, Karen!
You're very talented and it's always a pleasure to visit you!
Keep up the good work!

Hugs, Sandra

jimlynn said...

It's been a wonderful year of calendar pages! Love the candy cane on this one Karen! Each and every one of them have been fabulous!
Lynn

Pat (mspfd) said...

Congratulations, Karen, on finishing your calendars. What a fantastic gift to receive. I especially love how you decorated Dec's page. Fabulous candy cane image.

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
Woo hoo - your final calendar page and it's beautiful! It will look gorgeous on the base your DH has made for you. I loved each and every wonderfully colored page! Hugs, Kathy

Sandra H said...

So nice to know Karen you finished your Calendar and this one l think is my favourite its beautiful!! x

maria's knutselplezier said...

Last but nog least , I olso love this page!! beautifull colours and design!!

Greetings
Maria

Imke said...

Congrats on your calender ! This page looks gorgeous. Love the traditional colors.

Elizabeth O. Dulemba said...

Another gorgeous calendar Karen! I'm going to share your creation in my December 11, 2012 Coloring Page Tuesday newsletter. FYI to your followers - if you would like to subscribe to receive a free new image each week, go to http://dulemba.com/index_ColoringPages.html .
Cheers and Happy Creating!
:)
e

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Allison sent me here to see your wonderful calendar and what your husband makes to hold your calendar. Just beautiful and I'm left with so much inspiration.