Saturday, December 15, 2012

Lighthouse On An Island


Hi everyone! I've some really sad news to share. This week our cat Buddy who had been struggling with heart disease since the spring went into heart failure so we had to say goodbye (sniff sniff). He was the youngest and the last of our fur-babies so now we are all alone!!!

Today I'm sharing a masculine card I made using one of the images from my 2013 calendar, the Lighthouse On An Island coloring page.


My card base is True Black layered with Kraft then Bowling Shoes patterned paper. The strip is Long Underwear patterned paper layered on Kraft. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. For the sky I sponged Going Grey. To embellish the card I added some twine and a black square brad in each corner.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Lighthouse On An Island (Coloring Page)
  • Paper: True Black, Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Bowling Shoes and Long Underwear Patterned Paper (BasicGrey, Boxer Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Going Grey and Copics T0, T2, T4, E08, E09, E42, E43, E44, E47, B91, B93, B95, B97
  • Other: Sponge, Black Square Brads, Twine, Mounting Tape and Glue Dots

9 comments:

SandraW said...

Beautiful, Karen!
The colours are matching perfect and I love the colouring!

Hugs, Sandra

p.s. your previous card was gorgeous!!! Great colours!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Hello Karen, again a wonderful creation, love this one a lot because now I want to have summer again very soon, it really gives me a warm feeling!!!

Greetings en have a nice weekend
Maria

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card dearest Karen^_^
Lovely image^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Judy said...

Hey Sweetie,

So sorry to hear about your baby ... :( I know something like that is always hard to go through. We never forget them, but the wonderful memories of having them eventually replace the pain from loosing them.

Prayers and BIG hugs to you.


Your card is lovely, and a wonderful card for the guys.

xo
Judy

Sandra H said...

Hi Karen, My thoughts are with you and your family it's so sad to lose a pet they really are family members hopefully thought he isn't suffering anymore, Your card is gorgeous l always liked this image its beautiful and the layout is lovely too! take care xx

jimlynn said...

Karen, this is wonderful! Beautiful paper and image and perfect! Love it.
I'm so sorry to hear about Buddy! I know you'll forever have wonderful memories of him though. Hope you can find another kitty to give a home and love, just like you did Buddy.
Lynn

Carrie said...

What a wonderful masculine card. I love the colors and paper choices.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful card- love the great colors you used. Awesome layout too. So sorry to hear abut Buddy!

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh, Karen, I'm so sorry about your kitty - it's always so hard to lose a fur baby. My kitty, Blossum, was the sweetests of the sweet and he too had heart disease and I lost him in September of 2010 - he was 10. I still have Chewey, who is 16 and Missy, who is 13.

Hugs, kathy