Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2014 Calendar - COVER

 
Hi everyone! Happy New Year!!! I'm back and ready to get into the swing of things again. I thought I'd kick off the new year with the cover to my 2014 calendar. Did I mention that my mother-in-law LOVED my 2013 calendar!?!  My sister-in-laws really liked it too and hinted at wanting one themselves so I'm making seven of my 2014 calendar to gift this next holiday season.  And before I forget... the wine glasses coloring page used on the cover was found here... WINE GLASSES.


My calendar base is Chocolate Chop layered with White Cardstock and Sweet Home Patterned Paper.  The strip is Barely Banana and Chocolate Chip finished on one side using the Scallop Dot Edge Punch.  I stitched around the edge and trimmed one end of the sentiment using my scissors.  The 2014 numbers were die cut using the Block Party Sizzix Dies.  The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers.  I cut it out and attached it to the calendar base using mounting tape.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Wineglass (Coloring Page)
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Sweet Home Patterned Paper (CTMH)
  • Ink: Copics BG0000, BG000, E70, E71, E74, E77
  • Other: Stitching, Small Oval Punch, Scallop Dot Edge Punch, Scissors, Block Party Sizzix Dies, Hole Punch and Mounting Tape

9 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

I wish you and your family a happy, succesfull, healthy and creative 2013!! Alle the best !! I see you made a wonderfull page for your calendre!!!Great job!!!

Greetings
Maria

maria's knutselplezier said...

Great, its already a calendre for 2014!!You are so early!!!

Maria

Sonia said...

Fabulous calendar cover my dear Karen ^_^
Beautiful details ^_^
Happy new year^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Creations by Shirl said...

You are on it 2014! I still haven't finished off my calendar for my desk yet..... Happy New Year!

Sandra H said...

Hi Karen, Sounds like your going to be busy again with your Calendars nice that they are liked after all the hard work you put into them and this is stunning.......Happy new year x

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
Wow, what a project you have in store - 8 calendars!! My hat is off to you, my friend! Your first page is wonderful and I love the colors! Hugs, Kathy

Carrie said...

Wow you are really getting a jump on things. I love those wine glasses. Great composition on this cover.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is gorgeous! Love each and every calendar page you create and look forward to each one you post

Have a wonder New Year!

Judy said...

Gosh you are so talented!! I love coming to see your new creations. This is just lovely!!

xo
Judy