Monday, January 21, 2013

My 21st Anniversary


Hi everyone! My husband and I celebrated our 21st anniversary this weekend by taking in the Second City comedy show and going out to dinner. I thought making a pretty floral card would also put me in a romantic mood for the occasion. The pansy floral image used on this card is from the A Year In Flowers I clear stamp set by Flourishes.


My card base is Regal Rose layered with Kraft then Patterns Pack II Patterned Paper. The strip is Wild Wasabi layered on Kraft. The image was stamped on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers. I die cut and embossed the image using the Standard Circles Small Nestabilites and layered it on Regal Rose die cut using the Standard Circles Large Nestabilities and then layered that on Kraft die cut using the Floral Doily Motifs Nestabilities. To embellish the card I added lots of stitching, some white lace and a white bow.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: A Year In Flowers I (Flourishes)
  • Paper: Regal Rose and Wild Wasabi Cardstock (Stampin' Up), Kraft and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Patterns Pack II (Stampin' Up)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics G40, G43, G46, R81, R83, R85
  • Other: Stitching, White Lace, White Seam Binding, Floral Doily Motifs, Standard Circles Small and Standard Circles Large Nestabilities, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

7 comments:

Sonia said...

Gorgeous creation my dear ^_^
Beautiful image and lovely papers^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

jimlynn said...

Love the lace on here Karen. A beautiful card!
Happy Anniversary and hope you have MANY more!!!
Lynn

Lau W said...

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband !
Your card is splendid, so romantic !
xx

SandraW said...

Happy anniversary, Karen!
And I love your card! Great colours and beautiful flower!

Hugs, Sandra

Sandra H said...

So beautiful is your card Karen and happy Anniversary to you and your hubby xx

Cindy Gay said...

The lace over the patterned paper works very well!

Hanneke said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I love this romantic card you made! The color combo is great and I love the lace! Hugs, Hanneke