Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Winter Dog Walk


Hi everyone! We got 6 inches of snow this weekend so I was in the mood to create some winter cards. My husband thought this image was perfect for the holidays so I added a christmas sentiment and am excited to say I've just finished my first christmas card for the year. I actually colored two of this image and am working on another christmas card like it so be sure to check back for a peak at that card too. The image used on today's card is the Winter Dog Walk digital stamp by From The Heart Stamps.


My card base is Riding Hood Red layered with White Cardstock then Audrey Patterned Paper. The shadow layer is the back side of the Audry Patterned Paper layered onWhite Cardstock. Next I added a piece of white mulberry paper torn around the edges. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic makers then is layered on Riding Hood Red. To embellish the card I added zig zag and straight stitching, Riding Hood Red Grosgrain Ribbon Striped and some small pearls.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Winter Dog Walk (From The Heart Stamps)
  • Paper: White Mulberry Paper, Riding Hood Red (Stampin' Up), White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Audry Patterned Paper (Cosmo Cricket, Dutch Girl Collection)
  • Ink: Copics E000, E00, E01, E11, R20, R14, R24, R27, R29, G0000, G000, G00, E29, E31, E33, E35, E37, E39
  • Other: Stitching, Pearls, Riding Hood Red Grosgrain Ribbon Striped, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

10 comments:

Hanneke said...

What a great Christmas card Karen! I love the DP and pretty bow. Hugs, Hanneke

Sonia said...

Wonderful sweet card Karen^_^
Cute image^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

Sandra H said...

Hi Karen, So lovely is your image and the colouring is stunning great layout and stitching this is so effective x

Thea said...

Beautiful christmascard Karen, not too much "frutsels" (dutch, hi hi) it is just good!

Hugs Thea

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
What a cute, cute image and most adorable card! The stitching looks so awesome!!

Judy said...

This is soooooooooo sweet!! I just love images like this, and I so love the card design.

xo
Judy

jimlynn said...

Karen, it makes a great card for Christmas!!! Love the cute image and your stitching on here is PERFECT!!!
Lynn

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

What a lovely, beautiful and sweet card Karen.
lovely greet
Marja

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful everything! I especially like the addition of the mulberry paper -- it really adds a nice touch of texture and looks fabulous.

TFS this wonderful idea which I am definitely going to give a try.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your wonderful coloring- and the stitching is so pretty!