Wednesday, March 6, 2013

In The Doghouse


Hi everyone! Do you ever spend hours coloring an image?!? I'm really enjoying coloring my images lately and finding that the more detailed I color them the longer it takes. Sometimes I start coloring an image and before I know it hours have gone by! This image was like that and lots of fun to color. I also really like how the card turned out. The image used on this card is the In The Doghouse digital stamp by From The Heart Stamps.


My card base is Dark Brown layered with Brocade Blue then Cat Stripes Patterned Paper. The shadow layer is Green Patterned Paper layered on Dark Brown. The image was printed on White Cardstock and colored in using copic markers then layered on Dark Brown. I distressed all the edges with a sponge and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. To embellish the card I added some Jute Twine threaded through an oraange button and a copper flower brad in each corner.

Here are the copic colors I used:
 Grass: YG21, YG23, YG25
Dog: E31, E33, E35, E37
Doghouse: B91, B93, B95, B97
Fence and Roof: E40, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49
Flowers: E97, E99
Ladybugs: R17
Sky: B000
 
Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: In The Doghouse (From The Heart Stamps)
  • Paper: Dark Brown and White Cardstock (Papertrey Ink), Brocade Blue (Stampin' Up), Cat Stripes and Green Patterned Paper (Deja View, Cat's Life Collection)
  • Ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink and Copics YG21, YG23, YG25, E31, E33, E35, E37, E40, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, E97, E99, BOOO, R17, B91, B93, B95, B97
  • Other: Sponge, Copper Flower Brads, Orange Button, Jute Twine, Glue Dot and Mounting Tape

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Very nice man's card Karen, great image and colouring. Debbiex

Helen said...

what a very lovely card; sweet image. Regards, Helen

Alyce said...

so cute karen! i love the image aww he looks so adorable! the colours are fab too :)

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. I love the layout and the adorable iamge.

Hanneke said...

Wow Karen, your coloring on this card is gorgeous! I love the DP you used too. Hugs, Hanneke

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS coloring on this adorable card! Love it!
Lynn

Pat K said...

Great card Karen, colored so beautifully. The papers are perfect for the cute image. Pat K x

Jennipher said...

Well Karen, if I could color like you I would probably spend hours doing it too. However, I can't so the sooner I get it over with the better for all mankind. LOL. This is so cute and perfectly colored. Just marvelous.

Judy said...

How cute. I just love cards with animals, and this one really makes me smile. Awesome job hun.

xo

Patty Gorka said...

Oh, this is adorable, Karen! I love the coloring and your layout is wonderful too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done Karen- I love the coloring on the image and how your BG papers are are a perfect compliment!