Saturday, July 13, 2013

50th Anniversary Invitations


Hi everyone! We've a really busy summer ahead of us. Coming up this month we have the 100th family reunion on my husband's mother's side of the family and that same weekend is the first annual summer picnic hosted by my employer. The family reunion is a HUGE event and is paid for with the family auction. Family members donate items that the other family members bid on. I usually donate a box of handmade greetings cards and am doing so again this year.


Next month the family is having a 50th Anniversary Open House for my husband's parents and I'm honored to be making the invitations. The card base is a pretty brushed gold. They liked the idea of having their wedding picture on the front so I printed it black and white on matte photo paper then matted it on black cardstock. Below is the wording they wrote for the inside of the invitation.


The wording is on smooth white cardstock and matted on the same black cardstock as is used on the front.  I'm just getting started on these and last I heard the count was up to 80 invitations so if you don't see me for a while you'll know what I'm up to.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

How wonderful- I love history- so like to ask about families backgrounds. It is so awesome your family gets together to celebrate and carry on family stories and traditions! Your invite is also fab!!!

Sandra H said...

Morning Karen, Such beautiful invites and the picture is a great idea hope you all have a wonderful time xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Beautiful invitation! How wonderful that you are making the invitations to the event. Enjoy!

Helen said...

Beautiful invitations; good luck on making so many of them :-) Regards, Helen

Kathy Bradley said...

Karen,
Beautiful job on the invitation - just lovely! Lots of fun events in the days ahead for you!