Saturday, February 21, 2015

Watercolor Flower Card #2


Hi everyone! I tried a couple new techniques in making this card. I embossed the image with white embossing powder then colored the image with watercolor paint. I also used watercolor paint to create the light blue background. I distressed the around the edges of the layers with vintage photo distress ink

Even the cats got involved today. I filled a little dish with fresh water and Sandy drank half of it before I could get started. She then played with the rest of it which gave my image a nice wet base (ha ha).


I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


7 comments:

Sandra H said...

Karen your card is so beautiful x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- I love the soft touch watercoloring adds to a card! Hope you are staying warm this winter : )

Wedgie said...

Beautiful card, love your colours.
Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Paddington fan said...

Such a beautifully coloured card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin 'this week, good luck and I hope you'll join us again soon, love Jacky x

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Whisper said...

Aaaah absolutely stunning and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, luv Sam x

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty card Karen!

Thank you for playing along with us at Dis Digis!