Friday, September 11, 2015

Cute Puppy, Embossing and Distressing


Hi everyone!  This is a clean and simple card I created for the local humane society.  The card base is dark brown cardstock. On it I layered blue cardstock embossed using the Darcie Paw Prints embossing folder then sanded it down to show the white core of the cardstock.  I used vintage photo distress ink on the edges.  I wrapped white crochet thread around the cardstock before adhering it to the card base.


The shadow layer is a light brown cardstock. I punched the corners using a corner punch then distressed the edges. Between the shadow layer and the image I added a strip of dark brown cardstock and using a pair of scissors cut banners at both ends. The image was die cut using one of the labels dies and the edges are distressed with vintage photo distress ink.

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


3 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Hi Karen -
I noticed you've been using this cute doggie image... Is this a digital image and may I ask where did you get it from.... I'm a animal lover myself and I would love to get my hands on this cute image.....
Love your recent posting on those cards you've made too...
Thanks again!

Karen Howard said...

Hi, the digital image is Playful Puppy by Starry Nights Studio. I don't see it in her etsy store but if you emailed her I bet she'd help you out!

Creations by Shirl said...

Thanks a bunch Karen - will do that!