Sunday, May 22, 2016

Happy Birthday


Hi everyone! We've been painting the walls in the basement this spring so I've been a displaced paper crafter for over a month now. The exciting part about having moved everything out of my craft room was that before moving back in I was able to imagine my space new again. I took the opportunity to do some spring cleaning, weed out the things I no longer use and arrange everything differently as I moved back into my room.

The best part is that I'm all moved back in and ready to create again. I made this card for my mother-in-laws birthday which is just a couple weeks away. The patterned paper is by MME. I love cards that have the white speckles on them and I tried doing that with my stickles but it didn't quite turn out as I thought it would. So I'm in need of instruction how to and what product to use to add those lovely white spots on my cards.


This card was inspired by the Always Playing With Paper inspirational challenge and Mojo Monday Sketch 448.



Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!


4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Your coloring on this gorgeous flower is fabulous! Your MIL will treasure this card. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Karen! Love those strings of pearls and your gorgeous lace! So much texture, and the simplicity of your blooms ties everything together perfectly! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

Mrs A. said...

A pretty card with lots of layers. Love your choice of colours. I'd love to be able yo do the paint splatters that you see on cards but I'd have to try it out in the garden as I just know it would go everywhere else but on the card!! Hugs Mrs A.

Karen @ Misplaced Mojo said...

You have so many choices for white dots depending on how neat or... artistic... you want it to look ;-) if you want the flicked on look, white watercolor paint or watered down acrylic paint would work. Apply it with an old toothbrush for fine specs by dragging your finger across the wet bristles. Or use a paintbrush or coffee stirrer and tap it over the paper for bigger spots. White spray mists work too, just unscrew the nozzle and use the straw like the coffee stirrer idea. Oh, and Copic sells an opaque white liquid that can be flicked. I know it comes in a nail polish like bottle but the brush in it is super, super fine... and a bigger bottle than you can fit a real paintbrush in. Neater white dots are easier with white gel pens; my favorite being a Signo Uniball pen. I'm sure there are other techniques, but those are the ones that came to my head quickly. I apparently spend too much time on the internet looking at other people's art and not making my own!!! LOL